Friday, November 9, 2012

Prisoner of love

My mind is the prison in which i dwell,
echoeing thoughts of you, only you.
The bars are formed of my stuborness.
for i refuse to stop loving you.
The stale bread my annalyzations.
Of every word, every gesture.
I break them down to nothing.
Mere particles.
Just as my hungry stomach greedily breaks down the hardened loaves.
Doubt is the rats at my bare feet.
Ever nagging, pestering, persistant.
Ah, this prison that is my mind.
Maddening. No other would endure.
And yet, i do.
I know this insanity well,
it is like an old friend.
Many come to knock upon the cell door,
and they question me relentlessly.
They do not understand how i came to this.
I laugh.
They barely see the surface.
The truth is
my reckoning has already come.
The court has decided, the verdict is released.

I am to be free.

These people, these visitors.
They only see the madness.
They do not see that in my hand,
i firmly hold the key.

-aven

No comments:

Post a Comment