Monday, February 4, 2013

my heart's not broken.

My heart cannot be broken,
that much i know is true.
For how could it still feel such pain,
whenever i see you?

A broken heart is shattered,
its far beyond repair.
But mine can still feel everything,
each and every little tear.

I know my heart's not broken,
for broken means no hurt.
But every laugh and memory,
just shoves it in the dirt.

It hurts with such consistency,
it seems to be quite strong.
But after what its been through,
i cant help but think, "whats wrong?"

Why isnt my heart broken?
I ponder this awhile.
Why does it go on painfully,
is it blindness or denial?

But then the answer comes to me,
why my hearts not yet broke.
I kept a little piece alive,
with faith and love and hope.

And though the rest may be near spent,
this tiny little shard,

It stays on smiling peacefully,
away from harm or casualty,
and steadily it beats along and hums itself a little song,
to make the others strong once more,
to strengthen them from harm and lore.

So do not give all of your heart,
to love and sadness dear.
Keep a small part there, safe inside,
and always hold it near.



written on February 4th, 2013

by aven

No comments:

Post a Comment