Monday, February 4, 2013

Dream

I dreamt a dream that was dreamy and sweet,
and the waves of the ocean washed over my feet,
and the sun shone upon me with brilliance and light,
and the stars twinkled brightly and kissed me at night.

And my hair was as white as a pearl in the sea,
and my skin was as ivory, creamy like tea,
and my smile was pure, and my teeth oh they shone.
Like diamonds reflecting the first break of dawn.

My feet were as lovely and soft as a doe,
and my hands were as doves, white and supple,
but woe!

Far too quickly i woke and the dream was no more,
that marvelous beautiful dream of the shore.
And i still see the beauty, i still see the waves,
i still see the stars emerge bright, from dark graves.

And though it has passed, in my heart it will stay,
that memory wondrous, a lovely display.

For i dreamt a dream that was dreamy and sweet,
and the waves of the ocean washed over my feet,
and the sun shone upon me with brilliance and light,
and the stars twinkled brightly and kissed me that night.


written on  January 29th, 2013

by  aven

No comments:

Post a Comment